This is one of my favorite chicken recipes! It’s juicy, salty, and has crispy onions and turkey bacon. There are lots of different side dishes I like to pair it with, but I think my favorites are my potato wedges and steamed yellow squash.
I continue working on improving my photography. Here’s another ‘before’ and ‘after’!
Turkey Bacon Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts thawed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1½ cup mushrooms finely chopped
- 6 slices turkey bacon finely chopped
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp of dried or fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut chicken breast in half, but do not cut all the way through. Open the chicken until flat and pound with meat mallet until the breast is evenly about ¼ inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms, and turkey bacon and sauté until onions are translucent. Then add the garlic, rosemary, and spinach. Cook just until the spinach has wilted down. Remove from heat.
- Spread the mixture over each chicken breast. Roll up breast starting from one end to the other and secure with the toothpicks.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick olive oil spray. Place chicken breasts on sheet and drizzle each breast with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink on the inside which is approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve with your favorite side dish!