Whether you have kids or not, these Ants on a Log are an easy, tasty, quick, and nutritious little snack. Crunchy celery topped with creamy peanut butter and juicy grapes and/or raisins. Oh, I’m in love with these little critters.
Celery Ants on a Log
I love fruit and vegetables! Okay, I may be a little addicted to fruit and vegetables. They have such bright and vibrant colors and a variety of flavors and textures. Ants on a Log are a perfect option when either hosting a party, getting a snack for the kids, or just needing something sweet and juicy.
Ants on a Log Food Tips
When purchasing celery or grapes, organic is best. They have such thin skin that they absorb pesticides and chemicals. Definitely purchase organic if possible. Regardless, you need to wash those bad boys. Don’t know the value of washing your fruits and vegetables? Check out my post where I SHOW you the importance. It doesn’t take much time, but it’s worth every second!
I can’t wait to hear how you enjoy this simple yet finger-licking-good recipe! I think I love them most with the grapes on top.
Ants on a Log
- 5 or 6 stalks of celery washed, dried, and cut into 2 to 3 inch sticks
- 1 Tbs natural peanut butter or almond butter per celery stick
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup red grapes washed and quartered
- Spread peanut or almond butter down the center of each celery stick.
- Sprinkle raisins and/or red grapes down the center on top of the peanut/almond butter.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled.