Thanksgiving Turkey Leftover Pizza, a yummy way to use up those leftovers!
How do you make roasted garlic?
Cut the top off a head of garlic, about 1/4 inch down from the top, just enough to expose the cloves. Place in a medium-sized piece of tin foil.
Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil on top, add a pinch of salt, and pepper. Crumple up the foil until it is sealed around the head of garlic.
Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into a clove has no resistance, is very soft, and has a light golden brown color. Once cool to the touch, you can either take each clove out by tearing each piece open with your fingers or squeeze the whole head of garlic until they pop out.
Next, I layered sliced turkey on top, of course. I also sauteed some leftover kale in some olive oil with garlic and red pepper flakes. That went on top of the turkey.
Topped everything with crumbled goat cheese leftover from our Thanksgiving salad and into the oven it went! I garnished with some thinly sliced scallions.
I even cheated a little and used a roll out pizza crust I found by the crescent roll dough at my local grocery store, whoops?! 😉
I tell you what, I didn’t hear any complaints about having pizza instead of another night of leftovers! It was definitely a nice break, plus I got to use up a lot of little bits I had on hand. Score!
I hope you enjoyed this Thanksgiving turkey pizza! For more yummy recipes please visit my blog https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com, see you there!
Thanksgiving Turkey Leftover Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 garlic clove minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary fine chop
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounces cooked turkey
- 3.5 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 scallion thinly sliced, garnish
For the kale
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet. Add the kale and coat with the olive oil, add the garlic and pepper flakes to the pan. Cook until garlic is fragrant and the kale is wilted about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay out the dough. Read instructions on the pizza dough container, par-bake the dough if needed.
- Smear the roasted garlic on top of the dough. Drizzle the olive oil, season with the salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place turkey on top. Add cooked kale. Top with goat cheese. Bake according to directions on the back of the pizza dough container.
- Garnish with scallions, optional.