When the weather is cold, it’s time to whip out the comfort food. Creamy, cheesy, and flavorful soups always hit the spot for me. AND isn’t it a must that potatoes be involved? Well, you’re going to fall head-over-heels for this Creamy Potato Soup that I originally shared on Pretty Providence. Can I let you in on a little secret? It’s healthy too! Your eyes might be surprised at some of the ingredients, but your mouth will thank you for making it.
Many people think ‘coconut milk‘ is some exotic ingredient, BUT you’ll find it right next to regular milk in the grocery dairy section. It’s high is GOOD fats and a great substitute for heavy whipping cream. It also does not taste ‘coconuty’. It’s really rich and creamy and you won’t be able to tell a difference. Trust me, I’m looking out for your tastebuds and health!
Creamy Potato Soup
- 32 oz natural or organic chicken broth
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 4 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 head of cauliflower washed and cut into florets
- 1 cup original coconut milk
- 3 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot, bring chicken broth to boil. Add onion, potatoes, and cauliflower. Cover and reduce heat but keep broth boiling. Boil for 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes and cauliflower are soft.
- Pour contents into a Vitamix blender and blend on high until smooth. Return to pot.
- Add coconut milk, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese has melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!