Jillian Michaels has been a fitness expert and wellness coach for over 20 years. Her tough, take-no-nonsense demeanor on The Biggest Loser has contributed to her becoming one of the leading health and wellness experts in the country.
She doesn’t accept excuses for poor health choices. She sets high expectations. She demands change. AND she gets results. I’m a fan. Here are 10 of my favorite Jillian quotes.
1) It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.
2) Reclaim power over your own life. Take an honest look at your current situation and own it. Acknowledge the choices you’ve made that haven’t served you and start making different choices that do.
3) As you envision the changes in your future, you have to let go of the mistakes in your past. Learn from them, and then let them go!
4) Transformation isn’t a future event. It’s a present day activity.
5) Feel the fear, then do it anyway!
6) Unless you puke, faint, or die, KEEP GOING!
7) Your LEGS are not giving out. Your HEAD is giving out. KEEP GOING!
8) Why choose to FAIL when SUCCESS is an option?!?!
9) Every accomplishment starts with the decision to TRY!
10) In this moment, you can make a different choice. It’s the small choices and the small successes that build up over time to help cultivate a healthy self-image and self esteem.
Jillian has several at-home workout options. My husband and I are on our second round of her new 90 day Total Body Revolution. During each workout, she gives options to increase intensity and modify. The workouts are 30-40 minutes long. My husband can workout before work, and I workout while my daughter is napping. Try one of her workouts like No More Trouble Zones and love getting results. Don’t forget to take before-and-after pictures for motivation!
What are you going to CHOOSE, right here and right now, to do different?