Shrimp Stuffed Yellow Squash
I love 'stuffed' vegetables! This new creation will be added to Quinoa and Tomato Stuffed Bell Peppers and Stuffed Zucchini as one of my veggie packed favorites!
- 4 medium yellow summer squash 1 squash per person
- 1 Tbs coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
Preheat oven to 375.
Wash squash and trim off the ends. Cut them lengthwise down the center and carefully scoop out pulp from center. Place on baking sheet with centers facing up.
Meanwhile, in a medium size skillet, heat oil. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes until slightly tender. Remove from heat.
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Mix well. Add vegetable mixture and mix well.
Scope shrimp mixture into the center of each squash. Bake for 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Serve warm and enjoy!