This rich, flavorful simple leftover turkey chili recipe will make you wish you had leftover turkey more often! Why is Thanksgiving only once a year?!?!
Let’s face it. I think most of us love the holidays, but we all need a holiday to recover from the holidays. This was my first time hosting Thanksgiving at my home and actually LOVED every single minute. I felt like such a big girl! We moved to Austin, Texas a year ago and decided to stay in our new home for Thanksgiving. My brother and his amazing family live less than an hour away and joined us. With kids similar ages, it was truly magically. Lots of laughter, great food, late nights, and wonderful memories created.
I’m also 20 weeks pregnant and after the week long of fun, cooking, baking, cleaning and standing on my feet for pretty much 24/7 the entire 7 day Thanksgiving break, my poor hips and back feel like they’re broken. My fellow moms out there TOTALLY understand that life still continues even when Mom Boss is slightly out of commission. SO my family still needs to eat dinner despite me wanting to spend my following week living in a spa and massage therapist office. This SUPER easy and enjoyable leftover turkey chili recipe was a lifesaver.
Remember how this was my first time hosting Thanksgiving? Well, of course I needed to smoke the largest turkey I could find even though we only had 4 adults and 5 small children. Makes sense, right? Well, shockingly I had lots of leftover turkey (super juicy and tender) BUT tons of leftover turkey nonetheless. This makes this chili that much easier. You just chop up some turkey, throw the rest of ingredients into the pot or slow cooker, and BOOM! A delicious dinner which takes minimal preparation. You deserve an easy recipe after your hard work.
I look forward to hearing your feedback! Kick your feet up, make this chili, and enjoy the holiday season. It’s officially countdown until Christmas time!
Easy Leftover Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 2 jalapeños washed seeds removed, and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and diced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounces) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups leftover turkey cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil for one minute. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, jalapeños, bell peppers, and all spices to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add kidney beans and turkey. Simmer for additional 10 minutes.