I couldn’t stop snacking on these healthy no bake oatmeal cookies! And did you catch that, they are NO BAKE! Super easy to throw together and super delicious!
Lately I’ve been really loving the taste and texture of oats in things like granola and cookies. These healthy no bake cookies definitely satisfy my oat craving! Plus they are made with all natural peanut butter and honey (or maple syrup!) some of my favorite things! The honey adds the perfect amount of sweetness which means none of that refined white sugar is needed. Nature’s sweetener for the win! So we have sugar free oatmeal no bake cookies and they are AMAZING!
Speaking of honey, bees are amazing. My husband and I went to a renaissance fair over the summer and there was a bee keeper there who gave such a great demonstration and answered so many of my questions. Fun fact time! Did you know the queen bee determines which eggs will become which types of bees? She decides if they will become worker bees, drones or other queens. And let’s say the bee colony is getting big enough to where it needs to split into two, the queen will make several new queens, but the first new queen to hatch goes and destroys the other potential new queens before they hatch! Crazy right! Okay enough of my geekiness! Back to this recipe for no bake cookies.
After I got done making these (and trying one… okay maybe two or three…) I packed them up and sent them to work with my husband. I knew if I didn’t send them with him, I would eat them all…. and probably in one sitting…. self-control is not my strong suit but hey, I am working on it! Even though these are healthy, moderation is still key, as with all things! Anyways, these cookies are really delicious, but don’t take my word for it! Go make them!
Healthy No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbs or 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder I like my cookies more peanut buttery and use 2 Tbs. If you're a chocolate fan, go with 1/4 cup.
- 3 cups quick oats
- Lay a large sheet of wax, aluminum foil, or parchment paper on the counter.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat while stirring constantly, bring coconut oil and honey to a rolling boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes until mixture starts to thicken slightly. Make sure to use a timer and don't overcook mixture.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and cocoa powder and stir until peanut butter has melted.
- Add oats and stir well until oats are completely covered.
- Immediately use a large spoon to scoop out and drop cookies about an inch apart on the wax paper. Be careful! It will be very hot.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!