Creamy rice pudding is one of those staple classic recipes you need up your sleeve, this version is sweet, creamy, and studded with raisins!
If you love creamy desserts, this is the post for you! Super creamy rice pudding with warm spices and raisins, you can’t go wrong!
This is the best rice pudding recipe I’ve ever made! It’s super easy too because you can use leftover rice.
I love making rice pudding with cooked rice because that is one step already done for you and more than half the cooking time cut in half, score! I used long grain white rice to make this recipe but basmati rice works well too.
What makes this version the best rice pudding recipe? It’s the addition of regular and golden raisins along with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon.
Warm spices really make this easy rice pudding shine!
Alternatives and Add-Ons:
Experiment with dried fruits like dried cherries, apricots, or even mango in place of the raisins. If you are using dried fruit that is bigger than a raisin, make sure to chop them up first.
Also, mixing up the spices will make it your own, try chai spice in place of the cinnamon!
You can also stir in some nuts right before serving to add a nice textural element. I suggest walnuts or chopped almonds!
Don’t have cooked rice on hand? No worries, bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small pot. Add 1/2 cup rice, stir, cover, reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Now, on with the rest of the recipe!
Easy Rice Pudding Recipe Directions:
- Mix cooked rice with milk and salt in a small pot. Stir occasionally until thickened over medium-low heat about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the heavy cream, egg, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Stir sugar into rice mixture, slowly stream in the heavy cream mixture, stirring constantly. Add the raisins and mix. Cook 5-8 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat, add the butter and vanilla. Let cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
How do you like your rice pudding? I’ve love to hear about it in the comments below!
Please visit my blog, https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com for even more yummy recipes!
Easy Rice Pudding
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
Place cooked rice, milk, and salt in a small saucepot. Place over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together the beaten egg, heavy cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg, set aside.
Pour sugar into rice mixture, stir to combine. Stream in the heavy cream mixture, stirring constantly until combined. Add both varieties of raisins, and stir to combine. Continue to stir occasionally until thickened, about 5-8 minutes.
When it is thickened, take off the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. Let cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, serve.