The Classic Cobb Salad
This veggie and protein packed salad is a perfect post-workout lunch.
- 1 large Romaine lettuce leaf washed and chopped
- 1 large Red lettuce leaf washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn rinsed with warm water
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes washed and cut in half
- 1/2 large avocado sliced
- 1 large egg hard broiled and sliced (optional)
- 2 medium green onions chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- On a large plate, evenly distribute chopped lettuce across plate.
- Layer the corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, egg, and green onions as pictured or toss ingredients together and spoon over lettuce.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, oil, and lime juice. Pour evenly over salad.
*If you like a more creamy dressing instead of the vinaigrette, try my Avocado Ranch Dressing instead!