The Classic Cobb Salad
This veggie and protein packed salad is a perfect post-workout lunch.
- 1 large Romaine lettuce leaf washed and chopped
- 1 large Red lettuce leaf washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn rinsed with warm water
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes washed and cut in half
- 1/2 large avocado sliced
- 1 large egg hard broiled and sliced (optional)
- 2 medium green onions chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
On a large plate, evenly distribute chopped lettuce across plate.
Layer the corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, egg, and green onions as pictured or toss ingredients together and spoon over lettuce.
Mix together balsamic vinegar, oil, and lime juice. Pour evenly over salad.
*If you like a more creamy dressing instead of the vinaigrette, try my Avocado Ranch Dressing instead!