I LOVE muffins! One of my most favorite breakfasts is a warm, right-out-of-the-oven, moist, and fluffy muffin. I didn’t think I would be able to love another muffin as much as my Whole Wheat Banana Zucchini Muffins, BUT I think I might love these just as much!
Pear Apple Granola Muffins
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour I use Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-natural granola I use Nature’s Path Organic FlaxPlus granola
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Bartlett pear peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, oats, granola, chia seeds, baking powder, and salt).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the wet and remaining ingredients:
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a lightly greased muffin pan, pour about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. The tops will be slightly golden brown.
Instead of butter, margarine, jelly, or other highly processed/high sugar options, top your muffin with 1 Tbs of natural peanut butter or almond butter! You’ll love how the flavors compliment each other! Serve warm and enjoy!