This is one of my all time favorite quick dinners. It takes 30 minutes to prepare and these stuffed zucchini boats are juicy and packed with the perfect savory combination of flavors.
Like I said, I’ve thrown this dinner together too many times to count. Here’s a couple quick tips. At this point, it’s become second nature to wash my vegetables prior to cooking or eating. It sounds pretty strenuous and annoying to take time to wash every single fresh vegetable, right? Nope. It only takes 20 seconds and absolutely worth it to get the grime, dirt, wax, and who know what else off. Check out this post where you can visible see the difference between rinsing and washing your vegetables. I love my Fit Vegetable Wash! So… scrub those zucchinis prior to preparing.
Once you’ve scooped out the insides, you can either discard them or throw them in a smoothie for dessert!
Sometimes I keep some leftovers of the meat mixture on purpose. I love using it for quick burritos or scoop it on top FSTG tortilla chips. Nom nom. It’s super tasty.
- 1 lb ground turkey/lean ground beef browned
- 1 15 oz can organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 and 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 Tbs parsley
- 1 Tbs basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 organic zucchini washed and cut lengthwise and insides scooped out
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large frying pan, brown ground turkey/ground beef.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, parsley, basil, salt and pepper to skillet. Stir well and only cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini lengthwise down the center. Scoop out the insides and discard.
- Place zucchini on aluminum foil covered baking sheet. Generously scoop meat mixture over zucchini and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly across the top and bake for additional 5 to 7 minutes until cheese melted and zucchini slightly tender.