These almond chocolate chip cookies are so good you’ll eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Oh, and did I mention you won’t feel guilty because they are full of wholesome ingredients! Win!
Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
So I typically try to eat little to no grains, refined sugar, and diary (I LOVE dairy, but it doesn’t love me). Some people call it eating paleo; I just call it how I eat!
It’s how I eat if I want to feel my best and I definitely always want to feel my best! Whether it’s lifting weights or washing dishes, I want to have energy abundant and in order for that to happen I know I have to fuel myself with delicious, wholesome foods. So when I first made these cookies I was so excited that the ingredients came together so beautifully and how delicious they turned out. Not only are they paleo, they are egg allergy friendly too! The ingredients include coconut flour, almond butter (yum!), honey and almonds. Super good and super good for you!
Not only are they paleo, they are egg allergy friendly too! The ingredients include coconut flour, almond butter (yum!), honey and almonds. Super good and super good for you!
I’ve eaten these as a dessert, but I have also grabbed one in the morning to enjoy with my tea. They have protein and fiber and a little sweetness, oh and chocolate! Who doesn’t love chocolate! (I guess those who are allergic, which is just super sad…) They also kind of remind me of the peanut butter cookies I had when I was younger, which is a bonus!
How to store Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hope you enjoy these almond butter chocolate chip cookies as much as I do! They are super easy to throw together and store well in an air tight container (if they last that long!)
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Variations
Oh, and if you can handle dairy, you can use regular chocolate chips! Anyways, go make these amazing cookies and feel full of energy and have an awesome day!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe with Almonds
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup sliced almonds divided
- ¼ cup diary free semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a mixer add all but last two ingredients. Beat on medium-low for one or two minutes, until all ingredients are combined. Add half of the sliced almonds and the chocolate chips. Scoop with a size 50 cookie scoop. Divide the remaining sliced almonds between the cookies, sprinkle them on top and pressing down to stick. Chill in the fridge for half an hour or in the freezer for 15 minutes, while you pre-heat the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF and bake chilled cookies for 10-12 minutes.