Healthy Zuppas Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Tbs coconut oil or real butter
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk or coconut milk
- 1 14 oz can natural chicken broth low sodium
- 1 head of cauliflower washed and cut into florets
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
In large pot, heat oil or butter over medium heat. Add onion and salt. Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
Gradually stir in milk and chicken broth. Bring to boil.
Add cauliflower florets and sweet potato. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender approximately 10 minutes.
Place mixture in blender with center piece out (so the steam can escape) and blend cauliflower mixture at low speed until very smooth.
Return cauliflower mixture to sauce pan. Over medium heat, add mustard and cheese stirring constantly. Once cheese is melted, remove from heat.
Garnish soup with additional cheese, if needed.
Additional tips: Leave some of the cauliflower florets in the soup to make it chunkier. You can also add broccoli, petite peas, carrots, or any of your favorite vegetables for added flavor.