Avocado Turkey Burgers
Don't discriminate against ground turkey! These juice-dripping-down-your-chin turkey patties will become one of your favorite summer options.
- 1 pound 99% fat free or extra lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg white lightly beaten (optional... I usually omit)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- Spinach or lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, and egg. Refrigerate the mixture about 10 minutes. Then form into 4 patties.
Preheat the grill for medium-low heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate (I use coconut oil). Place the patties on the grill. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
Serve on toasted buns. Top with tomatoes, avocado, and spinach/lettuce as desired.
GRILL TIP: Don’t push down patties with spatula while grilling. It will push all the juice out leaving your patties dry. The inside of the burgers will look whitish in color when cooked through.
Serve with potato wedges or sweet potato fries.