Manly Steak Soup
- 1 tsp Olive or Coconut Oil
- 2 medium ribs of celery chopped
- 4 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 32 oz organic beef broth or stock low sodium
- 15 oz organic vegetable broth low sodium
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 large red potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 lb sirloin steak all visible fat discarded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbs steak sauce lowest sodium available
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrots, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add beef broth/stock, vegetable broth, thyme, and pepper to celery mixture. Bring to boil.
- Add potatoes and steak and reduce heat until soup is constantly simmering. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are soft and steak is very tender.
- Add steak sauce and mix well. Serve and enjoy!