Manly Steak Soup
- 1 tsp Olive or Coconut Oil
- 2 medium ribs of celery chopped
- 4 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 32 oz organic beef broth or stock low sodium
- 15 oz organic vegetable broth low sodium
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 large red potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 lb sirloin steak all visible fat discarded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbs steak sauce lowest sodium available
In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrots, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly tender.
Add beef broth/stock, vegetable broth, thyme, and pepper to celery mixture. Bring to boil.
Add potatoes and steak and reduce heat until soup is constantly simmering. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are soft and steak is very tender.
Add steak sauce and mix well. Serve and enjoy!