When it comes lunchtime, I’m a salad-aholic. There’s just something about combining crisp, fresh vegetables and fruits sprinkled with a little dressing. Since I’m usually juggling my ready-for-a-nap 2 year old while quickly preparing lunch, I forego the photo shoot and just enjoy eating. Well, I couldn’t pass up sharing this spinach strawberry salad. It’s quick, easy and full of flavor. You can also adapt the salad to include your favorite ingredients.
If you haven’t tried balsamic vinegar, what are you waiting for?!?! I fall more and more in love with its versatile flavor. Its fabulous spicy when combined with chili powder and cayenne pepper like in my Chili Chicken Skewers or delectable with fresh lime juice like in my Balsamic Quinoa Salad. For this easy strawberry spinach salad dressing, I combined balsamic vinegar with organic agave to make it sweet. It’s a must buy ingredient! I’ve enjoyed this $5 Colavita Aged Balsamic Vinegar. It’s a great flavor for the price… trust me, balsamic vinegar can get pretty pricey.
You really can play around with this salad and make it your own. I love to add diced Fuji apples or fresh blueberries when I don’t have fresh strawberries on hand. You can also add crumbled blue cheese or feta (I’m staying away from soft cheeses due to my current pregnant status) or even black beans. My husband also digs a couple grilled chicken tenders on top. Make it your own, my friends! You’ll never get tired of it’s incredible flavor and textures.
Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 2 large handfuls of fresh organic spinach about 4 cups
- 1 cup red grapes washed and sliced in half
- 5 to 6 strawberries washed and sliced
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs organic agave
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, grapes, strawberries, avocado, and pecans.
- In a separate small bowl, combine olive oil, agave, and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour vinaigrette over spinach salad and toss until evenly coated.
- For best results, serve immediately.