I know I’ve said it before, but I can’t resist saying it again. I love LoVe LOVE muffins! They are a little bundle of morning delight. I know you just rolled your eyes at me, BUT I can’t hide my feelings about these Peach Muffins. They’re light, fluffy, flavorful and moist… what else could you possible want for breakfast?
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 cup whole quick oats
- 2 Tbs flaxseed meal (grounded up flaxseeds)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups pureed fresh peaches, peeled and pitted (about 3 large peaches)
- 3/4 cup honey or organic agave
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice (I used coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 375.
In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
In a blender, add peaches, honey, olive oil, milk, and vanilla. Blend until smooth approximately 30 seconds.
Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. In a lightly greased muffin pan, pour about 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. The tops will be slightly golden brown.
Don’t worry! I have more muffins to share with you.