I definitely love a quick, power-packed smoothie for busy mornings. It keeps you full and satisfied while the nutrients give you energy to handle to stresses of the day. I love adding oats to my morning smoothies. Along with my Strawberry Banana Morning Smoothie, this Banana Apple Oatmeal Smoothie is a frequent at my home. Oats are mild flavored however they add creaminess, fiber and protein. Perfect option to kick-start your day. Trust me… this is a good one.
This is one of my most frequent smoothies. It keeps you full and incredibly quick to make. My 2 year old often requests her ‘soothie’ for breakfast. With the added benefits of a raw carrot, I’m loving her choice for a healthy breakfast.
Banana Apple Oatmeal Smoothie
- 2 cups vanilla or chocolate almond milk
- 1 banana peeled
- 1 large carrot peeled
- 1 medium apple without seeds
- 1/2 cup uncooked whole oats
- 1 to 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix blender in order listed.
- Blend on highest setting for about 30 to 45 seconds until smooth.
- For thicker consistency, add more ice.
Can’t get enough healthy breakfast ideas? Try these.