Get ready for a moist, sweet, and crumbly gluten-free banana bread recipe!
I must admit gluten-free recipes take me a few tries in order for me to find the perfect texture. I didn’t think I would be able to create an easy gluten-free banana bread recipe since I had several failures. It was either too gummy OR it had too much liquid and wouldn’t bake evenly leaving the middle completely undone and doughy. SO frustrating! However, after several attempts, I think I perfected it! Hallelujah!
Have you adjusted to having kids back in school yet? My husband and I are newbies will the whole school routine. My oldest daughter has successfully finished her first month of all-day kindergarten AND although tired when she gets home, she’s loving it. One of her favorite parts is school lunch. She’s always coming up with new suggestions and ‘surprise’ requests for her lunches.
Well, this girl loves her bread and decided to add this banana bread and gluten-free option to her lunch. It was a hit! I didn’t have the heart to tell her that her little brother and I gobbled up pretty much the remaining loaf when the bread was hot out of the oven. Can we all agree baked goods right out of the oven will ALWAYS be the best way to devour them? Spread a little softened butter over the top and…. oooh eeeh! I can’t stop eating.
Oh… I forgot to share the best part! This is gluten-free SUGAR FREE banana bread! No sugar other than honey or maple syrup, my friends. I’ve become a wimp with white refined sugar and it almost instantly gives me headaches now. This girl does not like feeling sick and so it’s an easy motivation for me to stay away from sugar. BUT this girl likes things sweet! See my dilemma?
Well, honey is a great natural sweetener and also helps with adding moisture. It does take some getting use to since you have to adjust all the wet ingredients slightly when baking with honey, but I did all the hard work for you!
Well, I hope you enjoy this recipe for gluten-free banana bread. I would love to hear any tips and tricks you’ve also learned along the way with gluten-free baking. Okay, go bake and enjoy a nice hot slice out of the oven on me.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed (around 1 to 1.5 cups)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup pure honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup flaxmilk or regular milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F (lower elevation) or 350 F (higher elevation).
- In a large bowl or blender, combine bananas, vanilla, coconut oil, honey, milk, and eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir just until batter is formed.
- Grease large bread pan and pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. At the 40 minutes mark without removing bread from oven, lightly cover the top of the bread with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.