I have tried several vegan crepe recipes without success. They turned out either burnt or in one big pile of batter mess. Finally, I had success in creating the perfect crepe recipe! One tip for cooking vegan crepes is to cook on a low to medium heat. Also before flipping, the top should be bubbly and look dry. Oh, you’re going to fall heads-over-heels for these.
It’s difficult creating vegan (no dairy milk or eggs or animal products) recipes. Eggs are especially important for binding the ingredients together. However, flax seeds, chia seeds, and mashed or pureed bananas are great egg substitutes! Also, these substitute ingredients have added nutrition and flavor. Extra bonus!
Okay, I won’t keep you any longer. Enjoy these crepes with natural peanut butter, fresh fruit, and/or powdered sugar. Is your mouth watering yet?
- 2 cups vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs honey or organic agave
- 2 Tbs flaxseed meal ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana peeled
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- olive oil cooking spray
- In a Vitamix blender, add ingredients in order listed. Blend on high for 30 to 45 seconds until batter is smooth and mixed well.
- In a skillet over low to medium heat, lightly spray cooking oil and pour about 1/2 cup of batter into center. Tilting the skillet in a circular motion, coat the bottom of the skillet evenly.
- Cook until top looks dry and slightly bubbly (approximately 2 minutes). Flip crepe over, press down lightly with spatula, and cook for additional 2 minutes.
I’ve created several vegan and scrumptious breakfast options. Check out these delightful muffins!