Chicken Salad with Grapes, rotisserie chicken, sliced grapes, walnuts, and celery. Simple, easy, and delicious!
Chicken salad, in general, is one of my all-time favorite lunches. It is super versatile, but yet light and refreshing… the perfect lunch! I’ve been asked a lot how to make chicken salad. The answer is easy, just chop up some cooked chicken, add any veggies you like, toss them in a yummy mayonnaise-based sauce and you are good to go! I made this version extra special by making this a chicken and grape salad. You can make chicken salad with red grapes, but this time I decided to use green. They were on sale at the grocery store, so I thought why not!
You can serve this chicken salad with grapes on a bed of lettuce, with crackers, or even in sandwich form. The possibilities are endless!
Chicken Salad with Grapes Recipe Directions:
- Dice cooked chicken, place it in a large bowl. Add sliced grapes, scallions, walnuts, and celery.
- In a small bowl make the creamy dressing including mayonnaise, parsley, dijon, and more. Stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing on top of the chicken salad ingredients and stir to combine, try not to break up the chicken too much. Serve and enjoy!
I personally like my chicken salad more on the chunky side, with bigger pieces of chicken. If you like it more of a smooth spread consistency, I suggest shredding the chicken instead.
Alternatives and Add-Ons:
Again, this is one of those amazing recipes where you can make it your own. Add whatever grapes you want, if you like red grapes, add those instead. If you like a lot of crunch, I suggest chopping up some water chestnuts and throwing them in there. You can also add a squirt of sriracha for a little kick! Goat cheese mixed with the dressing would be AMAZING also. Or, add more herbs like tarragon, dill, or thyme.
If your walnuts are toasted, you can just pop them into a dry small skillet over medium-low heat. Tossing every 15 seconds or so until fragrant. Immediately take out of the pan and let cool. I really hope you like today’s recipe! For more yummy salads I suggest checking out our Turkey Salad with Cranberries and Southwest Chicken Salad! For more recipes, please visit my blog https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com, see you there!
Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken diced*
- 1/2 cup sliced grapes
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup celery thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, green part only thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, grapes, walnuts, celery, and scallion. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour over the chicken salad ingredients and stir to combine. Make sure to carefully toss so the chicken doesn't break up too much.
- I suggest letting this sit in the fridge for at least one hour. Serve and enjoy.