Creating a quick and simple Pumpkin Parfait has been on my to-do list for a few weeks now. The snow is coming down pretty hard today… it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…. and my angel girl is napping. Perfect time to create and eat.
This Pumpkin Parfait would have been my #1 priority if I would have known how amazingly creamy, soft, and light it would turn out. The added crunch and sweetness from the granola and pecans really compliment the pumpkin mousse.
Nature’s Path has a great granola with pumpkin and flax seeds. I’m a big fan! This is the same granola used in my Pear Apple Granola Muffins. I don’t want to bore you with all the great nutrition facts, so I’ll just focus on the crunchy, crisp, like-candy flavor. It also adds sweetness to the parfait without needing to add sugar. Definitely recommend having some on hand.
- 1 can 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 2 cups natural granola
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
- In a small bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, yogurt, honey, and pumpkin spice. Refrigerate until you're ready to make parfaits.
- In a separate bowl, combine granola and pecans.
- In 4 small wine glasses (or any size you would like), fill each with 1/4 cup granola mixture at the bottom. Spoon 1/4 cup of yogurt pumpkin mixture into glass. Repeat layers until full. Serve immediately for best results.
Well, I’ve already eaten two of these parfaits since writing this post. I was planning on saving some for my husband, but I’m not sure I can restrain myself (sorry honey!).
From my family to yours, have a very Merry Christmas!