Try this delicious roasted vegetable salad with the avocado lime dressing and you’ll want to go back for seconds and thirds!
I love roasting veggies! Some of my favorites to roast are broccoli (until its blackened and crunchy!) eggplant and butternut squash. This roasted veggie salad has two of my favorites so it’s kind of a winner in my opinion. When making this you will have a ton of leftover veggies- which is awesome! They make for a great quick snack anytime of the day and if you have any of the dressing left over- oh my goodness- use it as dip!
I like to put the butternut squash around the outer portion of the baking sheet because they definitely take the longest to cook through. You could bake each different veggie on their own baking sheets but it sure looks super pretty if you arrange it with the squash on the outside and the brussel sprouts on the inside and topped with the eggplant. Regardless how you arrange your veggies, the end result will be delicious!
The dressing is super tasty and you might want to add a little extra olive oil if it’s too think for your liking. I find that I like the dressing even more on the second day, so you can make it ahead if you want!
When everything is baked to your satisfaction (I like my veggies cooked a lot- probably overcooked for some) add them to your salad, top with the dressing and a little bit of feta and viola! You now have a delicious roast vegetable salad! Yum!
To take this salad to the next level- because I’m all about the next level- whatever that means! You could add some grilled chicken or salmon. That sounds amazing and I might need to go make some right now.
Let me know how you like the dish and what is your favorite roasted veggie in the comments below!
Roasted Vegetables Fall salad with Avocado dressing
For the vegetables:
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded and chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 4 cups brussel sprouts stem off and cut in half
- 1 medium eggplant chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 3 sage sprigs
For the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Arugula spinach or other dark green leaf of your preference
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Brush some olive oil on the bottom of a baking sheet. Arrange vegetables in the baking sheet. I like to put the butternut squash close to the edges of the pan because they usually take longer to cook and this helps them cook faster. In the center, I arrange the eggplant and brussel sprouts. Drizzle olive oil and salt over vegetables and spread the sage sprigs around. Roast vegetables for about 30 minutes, until browned and softened.
- Remove from the oven and let vegetables cool.
- Blend all ingredients from the dressing together in a small food processor or blender.
- Assemble by laying a bed of greens, topping with the cooled roasted vegetables and sprinkle feta cheese over them. Drizzle with avocado dressing and serve.
- You will have a lot of vegetables leftover so eat them with an omelet, make another salad later, or eat them as a side for any meal!