My mother-in-law is Hispanic, and my husband grew up on some AMAZING homemade Mexican food (you still have so much to teach me, Julia!). Mexican food is, of course, my husband’s favorite type of food… can you blame him? So, I experiment and create several different healthy and savory Mexican dishes just because I love my man.
Guacamole is definitely a favorite here at the No Diets Allowed household ESPECIALLY during football season. Roll Tide! I love my quick, 3 ingredient Simple Guacamole. However, this past Saturday I wanted some creamier with crispy and juicy vegetables. AND this Creamy Guacamole was born. This will definitely become a regular dish!
- 2 large ripe avocados mashed
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 green bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large Roma tomatoes diced
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT for tomatoes. Stir well until creamy.
- Fold in diced tomatoes. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chips! I LOVE Food Should Taste Good Multigrain chips.