We have some awesome neighbors. A couple weeks ago, they invited us to get some peaches from their peach tree. Not only did we leave with a large bag of peaches, they generously gave us the same amount in plums!
These plums were a rich, deep red on the inside and super juicy and sweet. We had been enjoying eating them plain until I had an idea! Why not make a power-packed, anti-oxidant rich, yummy-in-my-tummy smoothie?!?! And… viola!
Berry Red Plum Smoothie
- 1 cup milk of your choice I used coconut milk
- 1 scoop vanilla whey or vegan protein powder
- 1 cup red grapes
- 2 large red cabbage leaves
- 2 red plums pit removed
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries I used organic blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- Add ingredients in Vitamix blender in order listed. Blend on high for 30 to 45 seconds until smooth.
- For thicker consistency, add more frozen berries or ice.