Although I know the green color can be a little scary, endless blessings come from this power green smoothie drink. It’s enjoyable and sweet even though you’re eating tons of veggies, fiber, several vitamins and nutrients, and a nice energy boost for the day. My husband was hesitant when checking out the green color. He slowly took a sip, looked surprised, and said, “this is really good, babe!” He was hesitant no more and the smoothie was history.
Green Smoothie Recipe Tips
There are lots a fresh veggies and fruits in this smoothie. PLEASE, I’m seriously begging, wash (not rinse with water) all of them. You completely void all the good if you’re putting in all those chemicals, dirt, pesticides, and waxes they accrue before coming home with you. Don’t know how to wash your vegetables or why it’s important? Check out this post on why you should wash your vegetables. You can visible see the difference in the images I share.
Make it a Green Protein Smoothie
If you feel this smoothie is too sweet or tart, add a scoop of vanilla protein powder or a banana. Both or one of these will add a subtle sweetness. Sit back, smile, and enjoy your smoothie while your stomach and body thank you for all the nutritional goodness.
Green Fruit Smoothie
- 1 cup pure orange juice
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 medium green apple (sliced in half and seeded)
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 avocado (pitted and peeled)
- 1 cup fresh spinach or kale
- 2 cups ice (or 2 frozen bananas)
- 1 scoop vanilla whey or vegan protein powder (optional)
- Add ingredients to high speed blender in order listed. Blend on highest option for 30 to 45 seconds until reaching the desired consistency.
- To make it thicker, add more ice 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency reached.