Shrimp Pasta Salad, a perfect side dish, lunch, or party food!
This cold shrimp pasta salad has all the good stuff - bowtie pasta, grape tomatoes, zucchini, and shrimp all tossed in a yummy pesto vinaigrette. It is a little different than your average pasta salad, but isn’t it fun to mix it up sometimes?! Pasta salad, in general, is one of my favorite summer snacks. You can load them up with fresh veggies and you have a refreshing snack for you in the fridge whenever you want! This recipe is the best shrimp pasta salad I have tried. I think it is really all about that dressing you use! The dressing for this recipe is super bright, flavorful, and easy to make!
Of course, you can purchase a premade Italian style dressing. But, there is just something special about making it on your own.
Shrimp and Pasta Salad Recipe Directions:
- Cook Pasta per the direction on the back of the box, rinse with cold water and let drain thoroughly.
- Roughly chop the cooked shrimp, thinly slice the zucchini, and cut the grape tomatoes in half. Throw everything into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing consisting of vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, prepared pesto, and more.
- Place pasta in the bowl with the other ingredients, pour the dressing on top and mix everything until well coated.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour, serve and enjoy.
As with most recipes, you can use this as a base to add more things that you love.
Alternatives and Add-Ons:
You can definitely add lots more veggies to this pasta salad. I suggest red onion, scallions, bell pepper, roasted corn, celery, carrots, it’s endless! If you don’t have cooked shrimp on hand, I suggest boiling a half pound of shrimp or roasting it until just done. Place them in the fridge to get nice and cold before adding them to the salad. I also use a canned already prepared pesto for this recipe. You can find it in the pasta aisle at your grocery store by the other sauces. I always keep a can on hand, it is great to add to soups, sauces, and dressings like this one!
I hope you enjoy this pasta salad recipe! If you are looking for more salad recipes, I suggest checking out this Southwest Chicken Salad, Swiss Chard Salad with Feta, and Easy Italian Pasta Salad! Please visit my blog, https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com for more yummy recipes!
Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound bowtie pasta cooked, drained, and cooled
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp cold, rough chop
- 1 small zucchini ends removed, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto canned or fresh
Place pasta, shrimp, zucchini, and tomatoes into a large bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over pasta salad ingredients. Toss to combine. Cover, place in the fridge for at least one hour. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to add any additional veggies to this yummy pasta salad!