Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, the perfect fall dessert, loaded with apples and cheesecake with a golden Oreo crust!
This caramel apple cheesecake bar recipe is what your fall dreams are made of! Cinnamon apples, the creamiest cheesecake, a crust that is literally out of this world, and just dripping with sticky caramel.
All I can say is WOW. And, you’re welcome! 😉
To me what really makes these apple cheesecake bars is the crust. All it is is golden Oreos crushed up fine with melted butter, that’s it!
But, when it bakes up it takes on this bakery-style flavor I just can’t get over. It is a caramel flavor that is just so addictive.
Do you want to know a not-so-secret? I used a canned apple pie filling.
Okay, I know you CAN make your own, of course. But, canned is already super yummy and it’s SUPER fast, so why not?!
Caramel Apple Bars Recipe Directions:
- Place Oreos and butter in a food processor and process until combined. Press into a 9×9 baking pan.
- Place apple pie filling in the food processor (don’t even clean the machine, you’re good!), pulse until chopped, take out half. Chop up the rest until fine and set aside.
- One more time, add cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and egg into the processor (again, don’t clean it, no need!). Pulse until smooth, add the smooth apple pie filling to the mix and mix to combine.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust and spread out until smooth. Dollop the roughly chopped apples on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until there is still just a VERY slight jiggle in the center. Let cool on the counter for 20 minutes, cover in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with caramel sauce, I suggest this recipe for Cinnamon Buttermilk Caramel Sauce… woah!
That’s it! You only need to dirty up one appliance, I love that!
I really think this is the perfect fall or winter… or anytime dessert! It is so easy to throw together and I guarantee you will get rave reviews!
I really hope you liked these yummy caramel apple cheesecake bars! For even more yummy recipes please visit my blog https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com, see you there!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 20 golden Oreos
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 10 ounces apple pie filling about half of a 21 ounce can
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place Oreos in a food processor, process into crumbs. Add melted butter and process until combined. Stir crumbs around to make sure they are coated. Press crumbs into a 9x9 baking dish that is lined with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
In the same food processor, no need to clean, place the apple pie filling. Pulse to a rough chop a few times. Take out half and place in a small bowl, set aside. Pulse the remaining apple pie filling until it is smooth, place in a small bowl and set aside.
Into the food processor, once again, no need to clean, add the cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and egg. Pulse until smooth. Add the smooth apple filling and pulse until combined. Pour mixture on top of the crust and smooth it out evenly.
Dollop the roughly chopped apples on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until there is a very slight jiggle in the center. Take out of the oven and sit on the counter, let cool for 20 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least three hours to set.
Cut into 9 even bars, serve with caramel sauce of your choice. I recommend making this Cinnamon Buttermilk Caramel Sauce.