Turkey Salad with Cranberries, a yummy and unexpected way to use up leftover turkey!
Turkey and cranberry salad is loaded with leftover turkey, cranberries, walnuts, and celery, all tossed in the BEST dressing. Seriously, you will want to use this dressing on everything from salads to a dipping sauce to… even chicken salad sandwiches!
Like most Americans, I am OBSESSED with Thanksgiving. The plethora of food, friends, family, and…. desserts!
I always seem to make way more food than we need. Kind of like my late Grandmother, I always think I’m trying to feed an army!
Needless to say, there is always a ton of leftovers. Now, I’m fine with leftovers. Leftovers are great. I LOOOOOOVE me some leftovers… but after a day or two, it can get boring… amirite?
So, I try to mix it up and make totally different dishes out of what I have on hand to mix with my Thanksgiving leftovers. I really, really, love this turkey salad with cranberries, it still has yummy fall flavors but I could eat it every day!
I like to serve the turkey salad in mini croissants. But, feel free to use any kind of bread or roll you wish.
I’ve also mixed it with a regular salad and had it like that, plus no need to add additional salad dressing!
Turkey salad with cranberries directions:
- Dice turkey and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add additional yummy ingredients like sliced celery, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, scallions, and parsley.
- Mix the dressing in a separate bowl.
- Toss the dressing to coat the salad. You will have leftover dressing, use this if you like a more dressed turkey salad or use it for a dipping sauce or yummy sandwich condiment.
- Serve on bread, with crackers, or in a lovely green salad!
I really hope you love today’s recipe for turkey and cranberry salad! For even more yummy recipes please visit my blog https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com!
Turkey Salad with Cranberries
- 2 cups turkey cooked, medium diced
- 1/4 cup celery small dice
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped fine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the turkey, celery, scallions, cranberries, walnuts, and parsley. Set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until combined. Add about half of the dressing to the turkey mixture. Stir to combine until coated.
- Serve right away with bread, crackers, or salad of your choice. Or, cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge until ready to serve.