We all need some quick, under 30 minute dinner recipes. Not only quick, but healthy and loved by the family. This simple turkey chili in addition to my Baked Burritos have become one of my favorite go-to meals. It’s the perfect comfort food full of flavor. Definitely a hit each time.
I’m getting ready for baby #2… which means I have many sleep deprived days in my near future. One goal I have before the baby gets here in 6 weeks (AHHH!) is to have 30 days of freezer meals prepared. This turkey chili is on the top of that list. It’s easy to make a double batch and throw it into some freezer containers. I’ve been eyeing this 24 pack of freezable food containers. I’ve also heard that using gallon freezer bags makes storing several freezer meals easier. Any suggestions?
I have officially kissed traditional tortilla chips goodbye. Food Should Taste Good Multigrain chips are completely addicting. I may have bought 8 large bags recently from Costco while they were on sale. You know I can’t resist tasty things that sneak in health and nutrition. Don’t miss out on crumbling a few FSTG chips on top of this turkey chili. You’re welcome.
Simple Turkey Chili
- 2 lbs ground turkey browned and drained
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 15 oz cans of organic tomato sauce
- 2 15 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 15 oz cans of organic red kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped (optional for additional spiciness)
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- In a large pot, brown ground turkey. Once browned, add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring chili to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with crumbled tortilla chips and shredded cheese.