Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe, these easy peanut butter cup cookies are sure to be your next family favorite!
I admit it, I am a chocolate peanut butter addict. If something has this combo, I’m in love, that’s just how it is.
So, naturally, Reese Cups are my absolute favorite candy. It’s a problem.
I also love a simple, classic chocolate chip cookie. I mean, what’s not to love??
I like them soft and chewy and I have a pretty amazing recipe for the classic… humble brag, I know!
So, why not mash up my two loves into one epic cookie? And, yes, the results were EPIC.
WOW, these are definitely my new favorite cookie and I know they will soon be yours too. I don’t know if I can ever make plain chocolate chip anymore, they are that good!
Okay, let’s be real… I will still make my traditional chocolate chip cookies from time to time but when I want a little more pizzazz I’ll make this recipe instead!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe Directions:
- First, make a basic chocolate chip cookie batter by creaming together softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. I use a hand mixer for this, but feel free to use a stand mixer if you wish.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla, mix until combined. Mix in dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped up mini Reese cups. Let dough chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Bake tablespoon sized cookies at 375 degrees for 9 minutes, no more, no less. They might not look completely done on the inside but the cookies will keep cooking while they cool.
To obtain a soft and chewy cookie, you really cannot overbake these. If you wish, do a test run of one cookie to get the cooking time down first before throwing in a whole tray.
9 minutes in my oven works perfectly every time.
I really hope you like this epic Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies recipe! For even more yummies please visit my blog https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com, see you there!
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini Reese cups cut in half, divided
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix to combine, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy with a hand or stand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients a little at a time until fully mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the Reese cups. Place bowl in the fridge for one hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dollop 1 tablespoon-sized dough balls onto parchment lined baking sheets, about 4 inches apart. Taking the remaining cut up peanut butter cups, add one on top of each piece of cookie dough for presentation. Bake for 9-10 minutes but do not overbake. Cookies will look slightly underbaked in the center. Let cool on a sheet tray for 5 minutes, transfer to a wired rack to cool completely.