Ladies and Gentleman, here’s my worst ‘before’ OF ALL TIME! I mean, seriously. What is that? Two slabs of mystery meat? I’m sorry you had to see this. LOOK AWAY! It’s hideous.
Okay… don’t look away just quite yet. You’ll be glad I put your eyes through torture so your mouth could rejoice with gladness!
This juicy salmon topped with even MORE juiciness from the salsa will be a kick for dinner. If you have hungry little fingers roaming your kitchen before the salmon is ready, just double the salsa recipe and let them enjoy some chips and salsa as little appetizer.
Salmon with Sweet-and-Spicy Salsa
- 4 salmon fillets with skin about 5 ounces each, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp plain rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion I prefer a sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tsp plain rice vinegar divided
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- In small bowl, combine honey, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic. Place salmon in shallow baking dish and pour mixture over. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a small pan, saute onions, bell pepper, and 1 tsp vinegar for about 3 to 4 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Transfer onion mixture to a medium-sized bowl and combine with remaining 1 tsp vinegar, pineapple, cilantro, and jalapeno. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Lightly spray grill with olive oil cooking spray to prevent the fillet from sticking.
- Grill each fillet for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish easily flakes and light pink on the inside. Serve with salsa on top!
Need some other tasty seafood dinner recipes? Check these out.