I love LoVe LOVE breakfast! I’m currently playing The Game-On Health Challenge (come join the next round!), and I chose a gluten-free meal plan. Since many of my favorite breakfast recipes have whole wheat flour such as my beloved Multigrain Waffles, I’ve been experimenting with all purpose gluten-free flour. I was skeptical the they would turn out as great as my other waffle recipes… but they were tasty, fluffy, and a complete success.
So… I can’t get enough of coconut. Whether it’s coconut oil, milk, or flour, I’m loving all the health benefits and flavor. My husband now loves spreading coconut oil on top of waffles and bread instead of butter. Just another way to sneak in some healthy stuff just like I did with my homemade whole wheat bread.
Well, you’ll get double the benefits with this gluten-free waffle recipe. Of course I want you to slather lots of coconut oil on top, but the real coconut benefit is on the inside. Coconut flour, which is super high in fiber, is a great gluten-free option. It absorbs lots of liquid so you don’t need much and tastes great. Can’t wait for you to try it!
Here are the other ingredients I used for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free all purpose baking flour or 1/4 cup tapioca flour and 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup quick whole oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- Combine all dry ingredients (first 7 ingredients) together well in medium-sized bowl. Combine well.
- Combine eggs, oil, and milk. Add them to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pre-heat waffle iron. Lightly grease waffle iron with olive oil cooking spray. Pour about 1/2 cup batter in center and bake to preference.