Salmon Baked in Foil
- 4 5 ounces each salmon fillets
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 2 shallots like mini onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray salmon lightly on all sides with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place one salmon fillet, skin side down, on square sheet of foil. Wrap the ends of the foil to form a boat shape.
- Combine the tomatoes, shallots, 2 Tbs olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and thyme in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, covering completely. Make sure the packets are sealed closed. Place the foil packet on a heavy large baking sheet. Repeat until all of the salmon have been individually wrapped in foil and placed on the baking sheet.
- Bake salmon for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.Transfer the foil packets to plates and serve.
Much thanks to Giada De Laurentiis for inspiring this recipe.