Am I the only one who dreads making dinner some evenings? Don’t be fooled. Even though I love cooking and live for making a healthy meal for my family, some days I’m just not in the mood. Between grocery shopping, cleaning, reading books, time outs, scrubbing little messy hands, and MOST important of all… spending lots of quality time with my kiddos, dinner time sometimes sneaks up and I’m just not prepared. Well, this chicken spaghetti recipe is proof that you don’t need much planning or preparation to pull off a delicious, healthy meal.
I was reading a blog the other day where every product discussed had a lengthy disclaimer. It was distracting as she flip flopped between products in which she personally endorsed and then the products she was paid to endorsed. I don’t want to put you on that roller coaster ride. I will not and DO not promote ingredients or products that you cannot find in my very own kitchen.
I hope you’ve tried some of my favorite products like Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour and Nutiva coconut oil in recipes like my Miracle Whole Wheat Bread and Blueberry Waffles to know they are AMAZING! If you stop by my house, you will find all the products I endorse in my kitchen. Well, unless I need to go grocery shopping. In that case, still come stop by and you can watch my kids which will reduce my grocery shopping time in half. Okay… back to this easy chicken spaghetti recipe.
I’m falling more and more in love with food photography. Thanks to the Tasty Food Photography eBook from Pinch of Yum, my photos are improving. I’m hypnotized by the beauty of food now. Okay, I know I’m a dork. BUT look how the zucchini, bell peppers, chicken and spaghetti pop against the rich red color of the tomato sauce. I hope you can start tasting this chicken spaghetti through the photo long before it’s on a plate in front of you. If not… stick with me. I won’t stop until I make food look and taste so good you’ll completely forget it’s healthy. Hey, it worked on my husband!
So I’ve recently found the brand Garofalo for pasta. It’s Italian and tastes like Italy… must be the real deal. I’m loving the quality, taste, and texture. I used the whole wheat pasta in this chicken spaghetti recipe and couldn’t have been more happy with that decision. Anyway, it’s worth trying. There’s a four pack at Costco or on Amazon.
Easy Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 lbs whole wheat spaghetti pasta
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 8 to 10 chicken tenders thawed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 can 15 oz organic tomato sauce
- 1 can 15 oz organic diced tomatoes
- 1 can 6 oz organic tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper if you don't like spicy, reduce it to 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 large red bell pepper washed and diced
- 1 large organic zucchini washed and diced
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and put on plate.
- In the same frying pan, cook onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes until onions no longer translucent. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Bring to boil and add bell pepper and zucchini.
- Cover and reduce heat until sauce is simmering. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes only until vegetables tender. Remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked pasta and enjoy!