Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps, stuffed with wilted arugula, tomatoes, and lots of melty mozzarella cheese!
Hi all! My hubby LOVES stuffed mushrooms. But, often times traditional recipes can be a bit on the heavy side. I wanted to come up with a yummy, satisfying recipe that was a little lighter but still full of flavor!
I scoured the internet for baked stuffed portobello mushroom recipes and I ended up making this version myself. Loaded with fresh arugula, garlic, juicy tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
This recipe for stuffed portobello mushrooms is full of flavor, tender, and juicy. I love to serve them as appetizers, as a side dish, or even as a quick lunch idea with a side salad.
Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps stems and gills removed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups arugula packed
- 4 ounces mozzarella sliced thin or shredded
- 3/4 cup tomatoes diced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush mushroom caps lightly with olive oil. Place caps gill side up on parchment and sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper over them to taste.
- Roast caps in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook briefly. Add arugula and cook until wilted. Add salt to taste.
- Remove caps from the oven. Divide the cooked arugula and place an even amount in each mushroom cap. Top with 1 ounce of mozzarella and a handful of the chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle dried oregano over tomatoes and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake for 10- 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yum, these are a knockout! What is your favorite way to enjoy stuffed portabella caps?
Thanks so much for reading! If you like this recipe please come see my other site ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com for more yummies!