Plain Yogurt Cornbread
- 1 cup whole wheat flour I used Bob's Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 Tbsp cold milk of your choice... I used coconut milk
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and cream of tartar. Mix in plain yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil. Mix thoroughly and scrape into prepared square pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and serve warm.