Roasted Fall Vegetables, butternut squash, brussel sprouts, and walnuts tossed in yummy browned butter.
Roasted Fall Vegetables is a staple side dish at our house! To be honest, I make Brussel sprouts at least once a week. It is our favorite veggie!
A lot of times I will pan sear them with bacon for a quick side. But, now that fall is officially here and there is an abundance of fall veggies, and fall vegetable recipes, I thought I’d put a little twist on our weekly veggie.
Have you ever had butternut squash before? At least, it intimidated me.
It’s awkward and clunky and if you’ve never prepared one before it can seem a bit challenging. But it’s not!
The easiest way I have found to cut a butternut squash is to go ahead and peel it first. Then, chop off the longer part, leaving the round part to the side.
Then, this long piece is super easy to chop up into 1/2 inch cubes for this recipe. Next, cut the round portion in half, just like a pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Now, just slice and dice… that’s it!
To make these roasted autumn veggies, just cut and chop your veggies. Toss them in a yummy mixture of shallots, garlic, olive oil, and salt. Roast at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, that’s it!
While the veggies are roasting, toast the walnuts over medium heat in a dry pan. Next, throw everything in a large bowl.
Brown butter, pour over walnuts and veggies, toss, toss, toss! That’s it. Super easy, super delicious!
I love getting a bite of everything together. Brussel sprout, butternut squash, and a yummy toasted walnut! Life’s too short to not always have a perfect bite!
I really think this is one of the best recipes ever for roasted fall veggies!! What is your favorite veggie side dish for fall?
I would love to hear all about it in the comments below! Please visit my blog, ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com for more yummy recipes like Roasted Mushrooms in Garlic Butter Sauce or Whole Roasted Romanesco Cauliflower!
Brown Buttered Roasted Fall vegetables with walnuts
- ½ lb brussel sprouts stems off and cut in half
- ½ lb butternut squash peeled and diced into ½” cubes
- 2 shallots chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix brussel sprouts, butternut squash, shallots, garlic cloves, salt, olive oil in a bowl. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Heat a nonstick medium skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts to skillet and toast them shaking the pan around every so often for about 8 minutes until nuts are fragrant and slightly browned.
- In a small pan, add butter and whisk continuously over medium high heat until it begins to get golden. When you start noticing brown bit at the bottom of the pan, take it off the heat. Toss walnuts with vegetables and brown butter. Serve