I LOVE this time of year! It’s right before Halloween, the leaves are turning colors and beginning to fall, the weather is cool and tepid and ALL the holidays are still ahead of us. Halloween starts off the holidays and starts to stir up my excitement for all the fun family events coming up. It always goes by way too fast.
Pumpkin Puree Smoothie
I love creating recipes that emphasizes this time of year AND of course, pumpkin puree needs to be involved! I’ve loved the comfort of my pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins, but I wanted something creamy and rich. I’m a smoothie-aholic and wanted a Pumpkin Smoothie! You don’t need to add much pumpkin puree to get the soft, velvety texture in this Pumpkin Smoothie. The little punch of cinnamon is pretty yummy too.
Protein Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1 scoop whey or vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 banana peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 apple with seeds and core
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Add ingredients to Vitamix blender in order listed. Blend on highest option for 30 to 45 seconds until reaching the desired consistency.
- To make it thicker, add more ice 1/2 cup at a time or a frozen banana until desired consistency reached.
Do you need pumpkin, pumpkin, and more pumpkin? Oooh, you’ll love these!