There are few things better than having baked and crispy breakfast potatoes in the morning (well, maybe my breakfast quiches). Crunchy on the outside. Soft on the inside. As if that’s not mouth-watering enough, I tossed in a sweet potato and syrupy chicken breakfast sausage with garlic salt and curry powder.
Curry powder? Don’t judge these delectable potatoes by their ingredients! You’ll be surprised how curry powder accentuates sweet and salty flavors. The curry taste is very mild but complimentary. You’ve got to try it.
I love my CorningWare. It bakes evenly, makes cleaning up easier, and looks nice when serving to guests. If you’re looking for a Christmas present for your mom, mother-in-law, or anyone who enjoys baking, this would be a great idea! I use mine frequently and love it. I might not be disappointed if my husband got me another one… hint, hint honey.
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 lb chicken or turkey breakfast sausage browned (optional)
- 1 medium sweet potato or yam peeled and diced
- 4 large red potatoes washed and diced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Dried parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage and dice potatoes.
- Prepare 13 x 9 x 2 inches baking pan by spraying with olive oil cooking spray. Add diced potatoes and cooked sausage. Spray lightly with oil and evenly sprinkle garlic salt and curry powder. Toss to coat. Lightly spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes (total baking time will be 45 minutes) and then remove from oven and toss potatoes again. It's very important to toss potatoes half way through baking. If not, they bake unevenly. Return to oven. Bake additional 20 minutes until potatoes are brown and crispy.
Don’t forget to check out my Breakfast Quiches!