I have loved creating Thanksgiving dishes this week. I’m just preparing and stretching my stomach for the big day. I LOVE Thanksgiving!
My most favorite dish… oh, I’m getting giddy… is the sweet potato casserole! I could probably eat one whole 9×13 pan by myself. How could you not love the creamy and sweet texture topped with crunchy pecans and brown sugar? I may or may not have made two so I could freeze one for a later (most likely sooner) date! Trust me, no one in your family will even know it’s healthy. I love ‘health punking’ people! Okay, enjoy the healthy sweet potato casserole with your eyes while I go enjoy another helping with my mouth.
Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 to 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour I used Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash sweet potatoes and place on baking sheet. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before peeling.
- In a blender, add peeled sweet potatoes, honey/agave, milk, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Light spray 9x13 baking pan with olive oil cooking spray. Pour sweet potato mixture into prepared pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Reduce oven to 350 F and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until top is golden brown.
This will be perfect with the other Thanksgiving dishes I have created for you. Have you already checked out my fabulous turkey recipe?