Muffins! Do I have your attention, now? Yes, muffins got your attention! Because they are super delicious! One of men’s best creations. Muffins are best friends with coffee and pretty much the reason why I even bother getting out of bed some days.
Here’s my proposal, do an experiment, make a batch of muffins and bring to work, or right before your spouse comes home. See how much love you are going to get for bringing muffins into people’s lives. I’ve been doing it for years. I am not ashamed of getting people’s affections through baked goods, specially muffins, since that’s the hot topic.
Muffins are mini joy cakes. They are supposed to be fluffy and sweet, but not overly sweet. They are usually accompanying a cup of tea or coffee, or if you are my husband, milk. Loved by most, desired by all. Nobody has ever said no to a fresh baked muffin standing right in front of them.
Even your friends with egg allergies or on a diet. They can totally be a part of the love-sharing with these eggless, sugar free muffins.
So my advice to you is to go ahead and bake some of these whole wheat muffins today! Or tomorrow!
Fill your house with the smell of love and baked goods! It will be worth the 15 minutes you’ve spent making these! Seriously, only 15 minutes. Could be 10 minutes.
This recipe calls for applesauce. If you use store-bought applesauce, it will be 10 minutes to put this together. I make my applesauce from scratch because it’s so dang easy and delicious. I just peel 2 apples and chop them roughly. Throw them in a pan with ¼ cup of water and 1 cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and let simmer for 10 minutes while you put the rest of the ingredients together. When they have softened, you can just use a fork or a spoon to mash the apples if they haven’t already fallen apart, which they usually do, unless you use a firmer apple. I like to use McIntosh or Cortland apples, because they are very soft. You will obtain about ½ cup of applesauce from 2 medium apples. Badabing. Ready! Just like that.
Guilt-free treats! Doesn’t get any easier. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, mix wet ingredients together in another bowl. Pour wet into dry, mix, scoop, bake, share, enjoy, be loved! That’s not just a recipe for these eggless muffins, it is basically my life recipe!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbs chia seeds optional
- 2 Tbs flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, chia seeds, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce, olive oil, honey, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes just until no longer doughy in the middle and slightly golden brown. Allow muffins to cool in muffin tin for about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove muffins and place on cooling rack.