Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls, ready in only about 15 minutes!
Is there anything better than hot and fresh cinnamon rolls on a Sunday morning? Or any morning really, or afternoon… or even for dessert!
I could eat cinnamon rolls any day of the week, at any time during that week. It’s a special kind of love I have for these cuties.
Now, I have made the real deal and I have also made canned cinnamon rolls more times than I could count. Both are fantastic really, you can’t go wrong!
Making a cinnamon roll dough recipe from scratch can get pretty involved, and frankly, they take a LONG time to make. They have to rise twice and that’s a lot more waiting than I usually have time for.
So, I wanted to come up with a semi-homemade easy cinnamon roll recipe that can be whipped up in a manner of minutes. But, it still has that slightly homemade flair to them that makes them special.
For these quick cinnamon rolls, I used dough that you can buy. Located by all the other doughs like pizza crust, crescent rolls, and even the canned cinnamon rolls is something labeled “crescent roll sheet”.
These are relatively new and really come in handy! So, I used one of them and layered all the goodies on top, rolled them up and baked them. Then topped them off with the BEST cream cheese glaze, oh yea!
They are so so yummy and so so easy, you have to try them!
Easy Quick Cinnamon Roll Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out crescent roll sheet onto a cutting board.
- Brush melted butter on top, sprinkle cinnamon sugar and roll up.
- Cut into 6 even slices and place each slice into a well-greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown, let cool on a wire rack.
- While the rolls are cooling, mix together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, more butter, and milk. Drizzle glaze on top, serve warm.
That’s it! So easy!
I like to make them in a muffin tin because I think they rise better this way and more even. I have tried both ways, in a muffin tin or slightly touching in a baking dish and the baking dish ones always come out wonky.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, if you make it please let us know in the comments below how they come out! For more yummy recipes, please visit my blog https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com, see you there!
Easy Quick Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can crescent roll dough sheet
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out crescent roll sheet. Brush with melted butter. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkled evenly over the dough (yes, it's a lot. yes, use it all.)
- The sheet is a rectangle, with the shorter side facing you, roll up tightly into a roll. Slice into six even pieces.
- Grease six sections of a muffin tin well with cooking spray. Place each roll cut side up into each section. Bake for 11-15 minutes until rolls are golden brown. Place tin on a wire rack and let cool.
- While rolls are cooking, place the cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl and cream until smooth with a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, mix to combine. Add the butter and mix to combine. Add the milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. The glaze should be thick but pourable.
- Glaze rolls, serve while warm.