If you need baby steps before jumping on-board the ‘green’ train, this smoothie is for you. It’s very similar to my scrumptious All Green Smoothie, but with fewer green items that hopefully freak you out less.
Have you read my post on making your own healthy smoothie? It lists 4 musts of smoothie making. One essential element is having a quality blender. Everything will be chunky and you will not be able to get a smooth consistency without an awesome blender. I’ve heard good things about the Ninja and BlendTec, but I’m a Vitamix lover myself. Here’s why you should buy a Vitamix.
Getting Green Smoothie
- 1 cup water or vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 medium banana peeled
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup ice or frozen banana
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix blender. Blend on highest option for 30 to 45 seconds until desired consistency.
- If you want thicker consistency, add more ice 1/2 cup at a time. Blend well.