Look. There are several nights I’m scrambling to figure out what I’m going to make for dinner. The day got busy, dinner time comes speeding up, and need something quick because people are starting to salivate (hungry tummies bring lots of grumpiness in my house). Am I alone? I’ll give you a couple tips so you can have all the ingredients to throw something together like this juicy and savory Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry.
There are some constants when you look in my freezer and refrigerator… a large bag of organic carrots, sweet onions (refrigerate to last longer), frozen organic sweet corn, frozen organic sweet baby peas, and frozen organic broccoli florets. HIGHLY recommend you adding them on your shopping list (I purchase mine from Costco). When you’re in a rush, I have several quick and healthy recipes that will use at least one like my Chicken and Broccoli Pasta, Classic Spaghetti, or my Not-Yo-Mama’s Shepard’s Pie.
I got spoiled when living in Hong Kong and Taiwan. The food is incredible… especially the rice, fresh fruits and vegetables. Oh, how I miss it! You wouldn’t think the rice would be so much different in the States, but rice is definitely not created equal. I’ve tried lots of brands but love love Lundberg Farms Brown Rice. It reminds me of rice from Taiwan. Keep rice in a large airtight container which makes it handy to make recipes like this rice stir fry and my Yellow Chicken Coconut Curry.
Teriyaki sauce is also something not created equal. Read the ingredients! Whenever purchasing something prepackaged, read the ingredients. Dyes, sugar, artificial flavors, chemicals, and lots of other yucky things can be snuck in. I’m a big fan of coconut oil right now and can’t wait to get my order of this teriyaki sauce. Our mouths and stomachs love ingredients full of flavor and nutrition…. especially when added to this tasty recipe.
I really love grilling, but the cold winter months make it kinda difficult. My George makes life so much easier! I can quickly grill all my chicken now. It makes frozen or thawed chicken slightly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Just thinking of this grilled teriyaki chicken makes me lick my fingers.
I really enjoy eating healthy. I love indulging in healthy living. Let me show you how fabulous you can feel! Come play my 6 week or 21 day health challenge. You will join hundreds of other people who have lost weight and feel great from living healthy. Come join them!
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
- 10 chicken tenders frozen or thawed
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs minced garlic divided
- 2 tsp black pepper divided
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 4 large organic carrots peeled and julienned into 1 inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups organic frozen sweet corn
- 2 cups organic frozen peas
- 2 cups organic shelled edamame
- In an airtight container, combine chicken tenders, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 Tbs minced garlic, and 1 tsp black pepper. Turn container several times until chicken tenders are coated well. Place in refrigerator until ready to grill.
- In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, bring water and 1 tsp of pepper to a boil. Add brown rice and cover. Reduce heat to low-medium heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes until almost tender and most of the water has evaporated. Pour 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce over rice evenly and cook uncovered for additional 5 minutes until sauce has reduced and liquid has evaporate.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large frying pan (or you can just wait to do this part until the rice is cooked), heat 2 Tbs olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add onion and 1 Tbs minced garlic. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes and add carrots and bell pepper. Saute for about 3 to 4 minutes until carrots slightly tender. Add corn, peas, and edamame. Cook only until heated through and remove from heat.
- On a grill over medium heat, place chicken tenders and cook on each side a total of 2 to 3 minutes only until chicken no longer pink. Remove and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine cooked rice, grilled chicken, and vegetable mixture. Stir well and serve hot. Enjoy!