This is a classic, mouthwatering option for an appetizer or side dish. The tangy balsamic vinegar magnifies the subtle sweetness of the pear, juiciness of the tomato, and creaminess of the mozzarella.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Asian pear optional
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Thinly slice the mozzarella, tomatoes, and Asian pear (approximately 1/4 inch each).
- Starting from the bottom up, layer the mozzarella, Asian pear, tomato and basil.
- Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Serve chilled.
- ~ Thanks to my good friend, Jonathan, for the wonderful appetizer idea!