Pumpkin = Fall. Fall = Pumpkin. They compliment each other perfectly like a happy, old married couple. I’ve been playing around with several new pumpkin recipes. I’m still working on perfecting my pumpkin spice waffles and pumpkin smoothie, HOWEVER in the meantime enjoy this pumpkin bread. It’s sweet, moist and flavorful. Make a loaf and let me know what you think!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe (Dairy Free, Egg Free)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour I use Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine brown sugar, applesauce, oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and coconut/almond milk. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a large, greased and lightly floured loaf pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
If you’re craving more pumpkin, try these Pumpkin Gluten-free and Vegan Muffins that I’m in love with! Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter so I can share keep you updated with new recipes. Especially those pumpkin recipes I’m trying to perfect for YOU and YOUR family!