Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce ready in less than 15 minutes and literally bursting with flavor!
Easy homemade cranberry sauce is a staple this time of year! This recipe is unique because I added some unexpected flavors like honeycrisp apple, cinnamon, and rosemary!
It might seem hard, but homemade cranberry sauce is super easy! All you do is chop the apple, then throw everything in a pot and let it simmer, that’s it!
I love having cranberry sauce year round. It is especially yummy on turkey sandwiches, wow!
My all-time favorite sandwich is cajun turkey breast, the best cranberry sauce, and smoked gouda cheese all on a toasted multigrain roll. BEST LUNCH EVER!
If you search for cranberry sauce recipes for Thanksgiving you will find a plethora of options. But, I have never seen one with rosemary in it!
It gives a nice earthiness to the sauce that I haven’t had before. It really adds a special touch!
Easy Cranberry Sauce Directions:
- Small dice one Honeycrisp apple. Place apple, cranberries, orange rind, water, sugar and a pinch of salt in a large saucepot over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Add cinnamon stick and rosemary, stir to combine. Raise heat to medium and cook until half of the liquid is absorbed, about 8 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Discard rosemary, cinnamon stick, and orange rind. Let cool, serve!
See? You can’t get much easier than that!
Alternatives and Add-Ons:
I really love the apple in this recipe, if you do too, add an extra apple and now you have apple cranberry sauce, score! If you like your cranberry sauce more on the savory side, add an extra pinch of salt, 5 cracks of fresh black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon (or more!) of red pepper flakes, yum!
Don’t like chunky cranberry sauce? No problem! After the step where you take out the orange rind, cinnamon stick, and rosemary, use an immersion blender and blend until smooth, easy!
More cranberry recipes:
- Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels
- White Chocolate Covered Cranberries
- Sugared Cranberries
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
- Cranberry Relish
What are your favorite ways to enjoy cranberries? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
I really hope you enjoy this homemade cranberry sauce recipe! For even more yummy recipe ideas, please visit my blog https://ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com see you there!
Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Ready in less than 15 minutes and literally bursting with holiday flavor!
- 1 Honeycrisp apple peeled, cored and diced small
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 2 inch piece orange rind I use a vegetable peeler for this
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sprig rosemary
In a large saucepot over medium-low heat, add the diced apple, cranberries, orange rind, water, sugar, and salt. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved.
Turn the heat up to medium and add the cinnamon stick and the rosemary. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes until the cranberries burst and half of the liquid is absorbed. Remove the cinnamon, rosemary, and orange rind and discard.
Using the back of a spoon, crush the cranberries. Let cool completely, serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.