Please do your turkey a favor and DO NOT use canned cranberry sauce on it. The jelly texture gives me the heebie-jeebies and does anyone even know what’s in it?
Fresh cranberry relish is the best way to magnify your juicy turkey. Tart cranberries, sweet applesauce, juicy oranges with a little kick from a jalapeno?!?! Your turkey will never be complete again without it! The vibrant colors of this dish are decoration enough… BUT, I have fallen in love with this white pumpkin bowl. I can’t wait to serve my cranberry relish in it! There are also matching salt and pepper shakers. I love Thanksgiving!
- 1 12-oz. package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- 1 navel orange peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- Pulse cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pulse next 5 ingredients in food processor 3 to 5 times or until orange, pepper, and cilantro are finely chopped. Stir into cranberries; cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
I’ve only begun building your Thanksgiving feast! Don’t forget about these side dishes.